In summer holidays hair will be put into a test – sun, salt, chlorine … All these external factors weaken the protective coating of the hair, the cuticle, and make it more fragile. Result, fork, breakage, and its color changes.
How to Prevent the Forks, Breakage and Fading
If you’re still on vacation, there is still time to implement some habits and a routine hair care adapted to prevent matting of the season effect.
First of all, never forget to rinse your hair with clean water after a swim or a bath in the pool. Salt and chlorine nibble the hair cuticle and undermine keratin and melanin, which are essential healthy hair items.
When your daily schedule is to bask in the sun, spread a protective product on your UV lengths. Cream, mist, oil … There’s something for everyone! It will protect your hair longer, there are swimming or not. This step is almost mandatory if your hair is colored!
If there has been bathing, use a special evening salt and anti-anti-chlorine shampoo. It will rid your hair of all small loans to gnaw you Pacmans cuticle! Most of the time, these products are also shower gel, which provides a gain of time (and money).
After shampooing, apply a restorative mask for several minutes. You can use any nourishing mask / masks but repair after-sun are often more concentrated in skincare active (and feel good holiday).
Products to Protect your Hair in Summer
- Rene Furterer Protective Summer Fluid KPF90 – This treatment is a real sunscreen for hair, fat side less. On top of that, it feels very good.
- Kérastase Soleil Aqua-Seal Water Resistant Fluid-Cream – A little more expensive, this product is especially recommended for colored hair.
- Philosophy Summer Grace Shampoo, Bath & Shower Gel – This product perfectly rid the scalp of all its impurities. The fact that it can also serve as a shower gel of interest to travelers.
- Phyto Plage Protective Beach Hair Spray for Unisex – This spray rather fluid texture moisturizes well spikes. Its recommended exposure time is very short, just 5 minutes!
Post-Summer Hair Repair for Damaged Hair
If the damage is already done, it remains you to religiously follow these tips to try to fix the mess.
This will surely not please everyone, but when the hair is really damaged, it is advisable to cut the tips, especially if the forks appeared. For those who are afraid to go to the hairdresser , you can absolutely do it yourself, but with real scissors hairdresser and always perpendicular to the lock of hair.
Whatever your hair type, always use a mild shampoo to avoid excite your scalp and produce bad fats or dandruff. After shampooing, do not forget to sort your lengths (never on roots, unfortunately!) With a special product “dry and damaged hair.”
If you have colored hair and they have turned red (any other color, take an appointment directly with your colorist hair salon), you can use instead of conditioner, a repigmentant care to try to catch your original color.
Two to three times a week, use a nourishing mask and repair BEFORE washing your hair. Before shampooing Why? Car care penetrate better on “dirty” hair on wet hair.
Once your dry hair, do not hesitate to put a little oil on nourishing the most damaged strands. If indeed it is the cat and you are not afraid of anything, you can also soak your oil lengths, leave overnight in a Charlotte and rinse the next day with a good shampoo. It is a little bit trickier, but the result will be spectacular!
Products to Repair your Hair after Summer
- Melvita Gentle shampoo for frequent washing,– This shampoo that does not lather (or very little) cleanses the hair gently. There are also large economy size of 500ml.
- Melvita Huile d’ Argan Oil – This oil that smells orange nourishes the hair without weighing it down.
- Ojon Rare Blend Deep Conditioner – This mask packed with nourishing ingredients and repairers is the splurge I offer my hair when nothing goes. A real pleasure.
- Klorane Mango Butter Intense Nutrition Repair Mask – This small pharmacy massacre will delight as very damaged hair dry hair. Frizzy hair, it is for you!
- Leonor Greyl Huile De Palme – The famous oil Leonor Greyl is now made without palm oil and is even more effective!